Friday, July 25, 2008

NC Zoo part 1 - North America

Harris is 44 weeks old now. I can't believe it. I went to check on him before I went to bed the other night and found him all sprawled out. His belly button still looks gross, but it's because he's crawling and climbing on everything.

Here he is eating his brother's blanket.

Nick's super duper Lego tower.
We went to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro Friday. This was our second attempt. Our first trip was cancelled when a water main broke, and the zoo was closed down. We made it all the way through North America before we had to leave.
Nick is ready to see some animals.


Alligator
Bronzed Cougar

Mom, I want a tree chair like this!
Otter

Polar Bear
Sliding at a playground

Climbing the giant spider web
Mom, check me out. I'm sitting on a Bison head
Ooh, turtle
Ocelot
And some Baskin Robbins icecream on the trip home.


We had a great time exploring the zoo. I had a little scare while we were there when I started spotting, and we had to go home. We had another ultrasound, and the baby is fine. Heartrate is 164 bpm. Apparently, my placenta is rubbing against the blood vessels on my cervex and causing the spotting. It's not too much of a concern because the doctor knows why. However, I'm on bed rest until it stops. As my uterus grows and expands the problem should correct itself. Fortunately, little one is hanging tough and hopefully everything will stop in day or so.

No comments: