Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sleeping / Bathing / Harvest Festival

We survived our first full week as parents of TWO boys. Harris is just the sweetest child. He eats well and sleeps well. Plus he loves to snuggle, which for me is a dream.
His umbilical cord fell off on Friday, so we gave him his first real bath. He likes the water but does NOT like to be cold.

Not to be left out of the swinging, Nick put my Holly Hobby doll in our old swing and pushed her for a while.

Since Nick moved to his big boy bed and has no boundaries in his room, Chris and I are never sure what kind of mess we'll awaken to in the mornings. On Thursday, I slept in and found he had smeared Hydrocortisone cream into the carpet. "Mommy, look, it's lotion!" That was fun. He's also gotten into the habit of taking out his shoes and putting them on. On Saturday, he greeted us with this footwear. At least he got them on the correct feet.


Because we were afraid Nick was feeling a little left out, Chris and I took him bowling for the first time on Saturday while mom watched Harris. He had a great time! (I forgot my camera, so these were taken with my cell phone).


Our fun Saturday ended with a trip to McDonalds for ICE CREAM.


Finally to end our week, we took the boys out to Murray's Mill for the Harvest Festival. Nick got to ride a BIG horse.


He and Daddy played in the teepee.
We petted cows and bunnies.

And we know it was a success because he fell asleep on the way home.

No comments: