Saturday, May 23, 2009

Zoo Crew 2009

Harrison's toddler class at school went on a field trip to the Columbia Zoo on Saturday. What a great time!
Nick's class had gone to the Lazy Five Ranch when he was in the toddler class. My how Nick has grown in two years. If you look close, you can see Harris still in my stomach.
Miss Amanda made the cutest shirts for this kids. They even had their names on them (I guess she thought we might lose a kid). I got one of Nick's 4T undershirts, but even that was too small for Harris's stomach.
Okay mom, I'm strapped in and ready for some fun!

Chris holding Nick tightly by the hand so he couldn't run off.
Or on his shoulders so he could see all the animals.
Me and Lisa with our toddlers.
Look, birds.

Harris and I enjoyed watching the elephants play in the mud.
First we sat on a bronze turtle.

Then we saw a real live gigantic turtle. Nick wanted to pet it, but we told him it might eat him.
Harris & Lauren Harris & Nick



Harris was so tired, he had BOTH thumbs in his mouth.
Nick was so excited because he "found" Nemo!
Nick decided to pull the little kids in the stoller with very little help from the daddies.
Nick and I really enjoyed feeding the giraffes. He said that was his favorite part of the day.

Lions, no tigers, and marsupials, oh my!

The monkeys were doing some very dirty things while we were there. Chris and I were glad the kids were too young to ask about that.
Uncle Paul sneaking up on Nick and threatening to throw him in.
Nick even smiled a real smile with me.
(Maybe he was scared Uncle Paul really would throw him in).


An awesome tram rode us through the zoo when we got tired.

Aaah, a picture with my hubby.

Me and Lis survived our day with the animals. No one even offered to put our kids in one of the cages.

Nick was OUT on the way home from the zoo!

And of course, my Harris, still smiling at the end of the day!

No comments: