Thursday, July 14, 2011

July has been jam packed with excitement!  A few weeks ago, we visited with our cousins at Price Park.  Here are a few more pictures.
My cousin Meredith and her daughter Casidy
 Hanging out in the creek
 Being shy (and also getting dirt and sand ALL OVER her face)
 
Cara just fell in love with her Aunt Bethy!
 Nick has been attending summer camp at Abernethy.  Each week, they go to the park and swimming.  They also have one other trip - last week it was skating.  I LOVE SKATING (I still have my old skates from 7th grade with silver sparkly shoestrings) so I tagged along.  Nick was really starting to get the hang of it toward the end.
Last weekend, we had our annual Sunday School party at our house.  The kids outnumbered the adults again, and they sure did have fun!
 Big cheeses from Cara & Chatham
 How many kids can fit in a hot tub?
 Go Chatham!
 The kids took a break to pick some blueberries too.
Harrison LOVES his Daddy.  He wants to be everywhere Chris is and even wants to dress like him.  Aren't they adorable?
When I was growing up, we had this enormous slide in our backyard that my dad made.  DR and I absolutely loved to put some wax paper on it and slide down as lightening speed.  When Chris and I bought this house, DR was nice enough to give it to us.  It was such a pain to bring over since it was supersized.  For years now it has been sitting collecting dirt and grim until... Chris finally cleaned it.  Plus also, I wouldn't let Nick use it because it was so high up.  Nick is almost 6 now so we let him go down it.  I was disappointed he didn't go down faster. Harris climbed to the top (cause he wants to do whatever big bro does but refused to slide down and had to be rescued by Chris).  
And to top off all of our adventures, Nick took my old office chair and skated down the driveway.  Three acres of land, a pool, swing set, and basketball goal and my kid takes my office chair for a ride.  Well, that's Nick for you!
Of course it falls over on him.  What an imagination!

1 comment:

Dr. Alfaro said...

That picture of Harris and Chris is beyond precious! So, so sweet! Glad you guys are having a good summer and...um...finding ways to occupy yourselves! :)