Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pool Deck / Fun with Daddy / Boating / Week 28

Chris and I pick a house project every summer. This year, we decided to put cool decking around the pool. It will help keep our feet from getting burned and provide friction for when little ones run (but aren't suppose to).


While in his playroom earlier this week, Nick discovered two things: 1) Harris's new duck bathtub makes an awesome toy to ride on with Mommy and 2) Who needs a slide outside when you have a Daddy.


Nick has decided he wants to try to start potty training. His favorite place to go is in the grass. The other day while playing outside, he decided it was time. I love that he kept on his Converse shoes. Oh my, won't I have some awesome blackmail pictures for his future girlfriends.


We went out to the lake on Saturday for some boating. Nick has become our new official driver.


"But Big Mama, I can see better if I climb on TOP of the seats and stand up."


Week 28 -
I had my 28 week checkup Thursday. I've only gained 5 pounds this past month so I didn't the the red pen. Woo Hoo. I was a little worried I'd packed it on with school being out and it being too hot outside to get a lot of exercise. I took my diabetes test, but I won't find out anything for a few days. Blood pressure was great - 104/60, but my iron test didn't turn out as well. Like with Nick, I've developed anemia. You're suppose to score at least 12, and I only scored 10.4. They put me on iron pills, and I have to increase my red meat intake. Harris's heartbeat is good and belly measurements are completely average. My doctor is going to wait till I'm about 36 weeks along before comparing Harris's measurements with Nick's to predict birthweight.

Harris is still about 2 1/2 - 3 lbs and a little over 15 inches long. He can blink his eyes and is growing eyelashes.



No comments: