Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cupcake / New Fish / Week 34

I let Nick help me make a cake for Chris the other day. We made a few cupcakes for Nick while we were at it. I think he liked them.

Nick is turning TWO on Saturday, August 18! He's been asking for some fish, so we went to Petsmart and bought him a tank, 4 new fish, and a snail. He loves them. Luckily, the tank is up high in his room and has a lid because he keeps putting his hand in the tank to catch them. We've named our fish Nick Nick, Lisa, Amanda, and Fishy - the snail is named Slimey. I guess that's all the originality you can get from a two year old.



Nick LOVES Prayer Dog. He keeps pushing the button and playing the prayer over and over and over.


Week 34 -
I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. Weight gain is still steady, but not too much, and my blood pressure is perfect. Harris's heartrate is 141 bpm. Dr. Faruque couldn't tell how he was turned, so she might do a sonogram next time to see if he's facing head down. When I voiced my concern about this and my NOT wanting a C-section, she said that in most women there was only a 50% chance of being able to turn the baby. In my case though, she was 75-85% sure she could turn him before birth. I guess we'll cross that bridge in another few weeks. I've felt Harris hiccuping several times since Thursday in my lower pelvic area, and he's been kicking the crap out of my ribs. I'm assuming for now he's turned himself back around with his head down. Keep your fingers crossed that he stays that way for the next 6 weeks.

No comments: