Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful... 2009

About two weeks ago, I finally had surgery on my veins. The damage from three pregnancies had really taken a toll, and the doctors told me it wasn't getting any better with age. It wasn't anything like I thought it would be. Chris was with me the whole time which was a comfort. The doctor basically hooked my leg up to an ultrasound machine so he could see the inside of my leg. He inserted a very thin tube in the vein and lasered part of it. The other part that wouldn't cooperate he inserted a foam like substance. In essence he put the vein out of order so that the reflux I had been experiencing would stop. Other veins would take over and hopefully the clotting and pain would stop. I'm still bruised and sore, but I'm healing.
Here's a picture the day after surgery.
Several days later after the bandages had come off.

Here's Cara in one of her many Christmas dresses. I was so excited to find this one on sale last year at Pottery Barn Kids. It was so big on her the first time I tried it on. She seems to have grown into it nicely.
Cara 42 Weeks

Cheesing before school one morning. I think she's really laughing because she spit drink all over her shirt right before this picture was taken.
Cara 43 Weeks

Our friends Julie and JB came over a few weekends ago and brought their kids Cooper and Maddie. Cara couldn't quite figure out why Cooper was in her Bumbo.

Nick LOVES dressing up like a cowboy. This fascination has continued growing since Big Dan bought him his first cap gun this summer. For Halloween, Big Mama gave him MY old cowboy outfit. He looks good in it.

The "twins" Lauren and Harris having some yogurt. Harris is of course in his shades.

Hey Mom!

The littlest Cadwallader turkey celebrating her first Thanksgiving. I think she knows that there will be lots of food.
We went to Chris's parents for our annual Thanksgiving celebration. Cara enjoyed walking around with anyone who would hold her hands.

She also enjoyed swinging with Mommy.

All our cousins...
Nick, Hannah, Lindsay (holding Cara), Mia, Harris, Meredith, & Bodie

Chris and I can't believe that this was our 6th Thanksgiving together. Our first year in 2003 when we were still engaged, we flew to NYC for a long weekend to watch the Macy's Day parade. The next year, we celebrated our year as newlyweds. Little did we know that our lives were never going to be the same.


Thanksgiving 2005 - Nick 3 months old

Thanksgiving 2006 - Nick 15 months old

Thanksgiving 2007 - Nick 2 years & Harris 2 months

Thanksgiving 2008 - Nick 3 years & Harris 1 year (I'm 7 months pregnant with Cara)

Thanksgiving 2009 - Nick 4 years, Harris 2 years, & Cara 9 1/2 months

Chris and I have so many blessings. We are thankful for amazing friends and family in our lives!!! Happy Thanksgiving!