Monday, November 08, 2010

SURPRISE!!!

 A few weeks before my birthday, I started asking my friends if they wanted to get together for dinner to help me celebrate turning 36.  Everyone had plans.  My feelings were hurt, but what the hell.  If they didn't want to celebrate with me then whatever.  Chris went above and beyond to make it an awesome birthday though.  I got flowers at school and a new one cup coffee maker.  I did end up going out with Carrie, Devin and Toph to Olive Garden on my actual birthday which was delicious.  On Sunday, 4 days AFTER my actual birthday, we had plans to go with the Wades to my favorite restaurant - The Tap Room.  When we pulled in, I commented that I thought I recognized one of the cars but Chris blew me off.  When I walked in, there were all my best friends and my family.  I'm not surprised often, but I was surprised.  Apparently, they'd been planning it for weeks.  It was amazing.  All my favorite people were in one room to help me celebrate. 

Cake #1 which was waiting for me when we arrived home from Olive Garden.  The kids also had presents and cards for me.
 SURPRISE!!!  I really wish I had a clue cause I would have dressed a little nicer.
 I love you Toph.  Thanks for the best birthday in a long time!
 Hannah Grace
 Cara & Chatham hugging
 Hannah and her mommy Amanda
 Nick & Zach
 I think the boys' like wearing the hat!
 So Carrie couldn't get normal candles.  She got sparkler candles which smoked up the entire restaurant.  We were afraid we were going to set off the smoke alarms.  They were the coolest ever.
 Paul made the delicious book cake.  YUM!!!
 The kids played with these balloon for days!!!
Thank you for lying to me and keeping secrets. It was totally worth it! Happy Birthday to ME!!!

No comments: