Saturday, October 04, 2008

Mom's Surprise Party

My mom turned 60 last week! My brother and I (with lots of help from our spouses) planned her a surprise party. We kept it from my dad too, so it's been crazy trying to keep so many secrets for the past 6 weeks or more. It worked out though; they were both completely shocked.

Here's a copy of our invitation. Look how cute my mom's curls were.

DR, Andrea, me, & Chris (standing in front of the fantastic and time consuming wine locker the guys built for the party).


Here are my parents with my dad's sister and her husband (Bethy & Tom)

When we were in Wilmington, Chris got Nick this shark that expands in water. This week we grew our shark from a little tiny one...

to a GIANT one.


The Wade's came over on Friday night. Nick supervised them riding in the gator.

Uncle Paul pushed them around (thank goodness Harris didn't drive)

Look babe, the coast is clear. Let's take a drive.

Here I am at 22 weeks. I woke up last week and had a stomach. I can tell she's growing since we saw her kick in my stomach earlier this week. My students are fascinated by my growth. One used the spelling word "huge" to describe me. Another looked at me with what I think was fear and asked if I was going to get any bigger. Well, since Cara only weighs a little over a pound and is only 12 inches long, yes. I'll be getting much larger. I have my 7th ultrasound on Monday to check the placenta's placement. I'll update with new sonogram pictures then.

No comments: