Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grandfather Mtn. / Harris the Dog / Harris's Surgery

Chris and I took my fourth graders to Grandfather Mountain on Thursday. It was my first trip. The kids had a great time, and the views were amazing.
Here they all are on the Mile High Swinging Bridge. I forgot about Chris's fear of heights when I had all the kids follow him across the bridge.

Here are all my darlings.
My teaching partner, Barbara.
Harris is turning into his brother. He loves to eat socks. I think he might be part dog.

Nick had his first eye exam last week. We didn't notice anything unusual, but with my vision history, we thought it would be a good idea to have him check out. Amazingly, his vision is perfect.

Harris had his third surgery this Friday. He had tubes put in his ears to help with the numerous ear infections he's had over the past 6 weeks. What a trooper!
It's 5:45 a.m., and he's smiling as usual.

He did enjoy driving around the waiting room.

He did not care for the tag or machines hooked to his foot.


He found a bucket to crawl in while he waited for the doctor.



All finished. You would never even know he'd had anything done. He was just as happy afterwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Harris did well with his surgery. It was great to "see" the boys.
I love the name for your little girl. I'll be looking for updates!

Kay Wade