Friday, November 28, 2008

Lots to Be Thankful For...

I had my 30 week checkup on Monday. Nick went with me and brought along his "telescope" (stethoscope). He had to listen to Cara's heartbeat before the doctor came in. My blood pressure is still great, and my iron count went up to 11.3. I'm still anemic, but not as severe as last time. Cara's heartrate was between 148-153. She DID NOT like to have her heartrate taken and moved so hard to get away from the doppler that my entire stomach shifted violently to one side. Temper, temper. My doctor also told me after looking at the veins on my legs that my body could not handle having any more children. Guess it's a good thing Chris and I had decided to stop after this one. I've also started to drop some. My measurements dropped about 2-2 1/2 cm in two weeks. The good news is that she doesn't expect me to go into labor, so I don't have to worry about that and because she's sitting so low, I don't really have to worry about her turning breech.
Here's Nick playing doctor.
Chris and I went for a 4D ultrasound on Wednesday to see what our daughter will look like when she's born. Again that stubborn streak showed, and she refused to move away from my belly button. No matter what we tried, she refused to turn. We go back next week to try again. I also found out on Wednesday that my best friend Amanda is having a girl this time too. We both had boys the first time around, and now we get to learn about little girls. GO PINK!!!

Here's one picture that came out. We aren't really sure who she looks like, but she is definitely a SHE. Of course she'd show her girly parts to the world, just not her face.

Thanksgiving always brings food - especially my favorite food, dessert. Nick helped me make cookies.

And sampled them to make sure they tasted okay.
Here's my little turkey Harris.

Both my boys.

We headed to Chris's family for lunch. Here are Nick & Harris's cousins.

Then it was another meal with my parents. Harris and Big Dan bonded over the telephone.

How blessed we are this year!

1 comment:

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

SOrry I forgot about the leaving a comment part! I do love seeing your boys and how they grow! And can't wait to meet Cara!