Friday, March 13, 2009

5 years!

Chris and I celebrated five years of marriage on March 13, 2009. It's hard to believe we've been together that long! Our grandmothers graduated from Cherryville High School together in 1938. Chris and I attended the same elementary, middle and high school (I was two years ahead). According to our moms, Chris even tried to drown me a few times in the local swimming pool. Chris and my brother were friends and golfing buddies in high school and continued being friends when Chris went to work for my dad after college. Because of their friendship as well as the one we'd begun, we weren't sure if we wanted to begin dating. That all changed when my grandmother passed away in December 2002. I was getting ready to change jobs, and my brother wouldn't help me move my things out of my old school. Chris volunteered to help. I have a lot of stuff (crap) as a teacher, so I took him to lunch as a thank you. We also had dinner that night. For the next two months, he would just show up at my house to take me bowling, to dinner, or to the movies. He says he stalked me until he wore me down. Realizing that we could make it work, we began dating in February 2003, and got engaged on July 7, 2003. Eight months later, we were married. Now it's been five years and we are blessed with a wonderful life and three beautiful children.

Our Engagement

Just Married

Our wedding party

Official portrait

Cutting the cake

Toasting our big day

Honeymoon in Antigua

Our family today

No comments: