Saturday, August 15, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

What a week this has been! It was my last week of summer vacation before the real world of teaching arrives. What did I do? I worked in my classroom trying to get things organized.
Of course a week couldn't go by without some sort of mishap. About lunch time Friday, my hubby says he doesn't feel very well. We're eating out, and he doesn't finish his meal. You all know Chris, if he doesn't eat then he must really be sick. Then he went home to sleep for a few hours. He NEVER takes naps. He's running a fever, has chills, and basically feels like tush. Saturday morning comes around and he still doesn't feel good, so he calls the doctor (okay, now I'm really starting to get worried). The nurse tells him she consulted with the doctor and that it's probably just a viral infection not to worry. Two minutes later the doctor calls me and tells me with three small childrenin the house that maybe Chris should come in as a precaution. Chris calls to give me his diagnosis - SWINE FLU!!! Yep, I guess my husband has been kissing on some pigs. It's really not funny, but I'm trying to deal. He's been quarantined. This means he has to move out of our house and in with his parents until he's fever free for over 24 hours without medication. This leaves me with 3 children. What do I do? I call my parents and ask them to keep Nick for a few days. WHEW! Did I mention that we were having a party in a few hours from then for my best friend Lisa's daughter Lauren? Chris is going to be fine though. He just needs some rest and some pampering from his mom for a while. Bless her!

Here's my princess going Hollywood!
Grinning

Harris loving on his sister. They really do look a lot alike in this picture with their chubby cheeks.

Celebration #1 - Lisa turned 30 on Thursday. To help celebrate, we decorated her room at school.

Then we headed to Dos Amigos for some good food and friendship. Yes, that's my son on her lap; she's become his second Mommy.
Don't you love the cake? Don't worry, it still tasted delicious.

Miss Lauren had to try out the icing.

The poor people at the restaurant will probably never let us come back. After dinner, Lauren and Harris chased each other with their chairs.

You are looking fabulous at thirty!!!

Time for celebration #2. Lauren turned TWO years old. We hosted her birthday party at our house - minus pig boy who was of course banned from the premises.
Check out the awesome Elmo cake Lisa's husband Paul made.

Here's the birthday girl testing the frosting to make sure her Daddy did a good job.

The Wade Family - Paul, Lauren, & Lisa

Cara got a taste too. She cried when they took the cake from her.

How sweet!!!

Lauren got a new baby doll stroller for her birthday. She didn't have a doll with her, but she had a Harris!

And so ends another interesting week with our family. If you have time, say a little prayer for our family that Chris starts feeling better soon and the rest of us don't get sick.

No comments: