Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nick is FOUR YEARS OLD!!!

NICK IS FOUR!!!
Four years ago, on August 18, 2005 at 3:02 a.m. after 20 very long hours of labor, Nicholas Baker Cadwallader was born. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs 3 oz and was 22 3/8 inches long.
Here I am at 40 1/2 weeks pregnant looking ready to pop!
One Day Old
One Year Old
Two Years Old
Three Years Old
Four Years Old
(actually, he's a day shy in this picture)
Make a wish!

Monday, we went Nana & Pepaw's to begin Nick's birthday celebration.
Look what a dork he is with the thumbs up.
Nana & Harris swinging on the back porch
Seesawing
Here's Miss Cara eating her brother's new Transformer and trying to crawl

It's Nick's official birth day!
Chris and I thought we'd surprise him with his favorite blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Seriously, mom and dad what are you doing?
I'm really tired, I don't want to blow. (What he actually said was to go away, he was tired and he didn't want our stupid muffin.)
Okay, now he's better. It's time for birthday celebration #2.
Another cake for me?

Aunt Andrea and Cara
Rocky
It wouldn't be a party without Harris and his sunglasses.
I think all that partying wore Harris out. When I went to check on him, this is what I found.
Reading his favorite David book the next morning.
So we all know my obsession with Dachshunds is a little over the top. Gymboree came out with a new Puppy Love line this fall which I of course had to buy. Here's Cara modeling one of her many new Dachshund shirts. If you click to enlarge the picture, you can see the tiny Dachshunds on her bow as well.

Harris (also in a Dachshund shirt) and Cara
Thursday brought the annual Old Soldiers Reunion Parade in down town Newton. We watch it as always with our friends Brandon & Amanda. Hannah had a ball, but Cara, well, I guess it just wasn't her thing.
She was out cold.
All clean and ready for some bedtime snuggles.
Okay mom, I'm done with the towel!

No comments: