Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Festival & Shannon's Wedding 10-16-10

The weekend of Oct. 16, Chris and I headed to Wilmington for our friend Shannon's wedding, and our children were split up with Lisa & Paul, Carrie & Devin, and Chris's parents.  They all met for the Apple Festival so the kids could spend some time together.

Everyone thought Cara & Chatham were Carrie's twins.
 Nana & Pepaw with their grandchildren.
 
 Lisa & Lauren
 Looks like Nick enjoyed spending time with Nana.

So, while the kids were checking out the festival, Chris and I explored a museum and watch Shannon get married on the beach with the ocean waves crashing in the background.  It was a wonderful weeked for Chris and I to spend together.

Since we were "kid free" we visited Bellamy Mansion.  The house was built in the mid 1800s right before the Civil War. During the war, the mansion was occupied by Union soldiers.


 Next we headed to the Cape Fear Museum.  I thought this was hysterical!
 Chris and I got to "play" in the science part of the museum with the oobleck.  It was the COOLEST!  I went back to South and made it with my kids.
 Is it a solid or a liquid?  Or BOTH?
Finally, it was wedding time.  We clean up pretty good.
 Shannon & Jake
 Chris & Shannon
 Chris with all the Morris girls - Sarah, Catherine, Rachael, & Shannon
 A good time was had by all!


No comments: