Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year! / Week 35 update

Snuggling with Harris is a rarity now that he's all over the place. He doesn't want me to hold him much because he has so much to investigate.
Nick is in an "I'll do it myself" phase right now which is good and bad. Here's the bad... he decided to cheese his own pizza.


One of my college friends Wendy surprised us this past week. She's living in West Virginia now, and I haven't seen her in over 2 years. It was great catching up.

Big Mama playing Chutes and Ladders with the boys.

New Years Eve has changed quite a bit for me over the past years. I use to get all dressed up and party. Now it's much more laid back. Our friends the Wade's came over and instituted PJ night so we could all be comfy. The kids decided to chair surf.

Lauren was a newbie with chair surfing, but she hung on tight and quickly became an expert.

Harris was all tired out, so he built some Potato Heads. We also have the Star Wars Series of Potato Heads which included "Darth Tater", "Spud Trooper", and "Artoo Potatoo". We're waiting for Uncle Brandon to come steal them from us.

One of Chris and my New Year's traditions is to find either the nastiest or funniest labeled wine. For the past two years, it was nasty, so this year I picked out some Fat Bastard wine. It was actually decent.

I had my 35 week appointment on Monday. My iron is back up to normal. Blood pressure and weight gain good. Cara has decided to turn herself back head down and probably won't turn back (keep your fingers crossed). I'm dialated 1 cm, but the doctor doesn't think I'll be going into labor any time soon. She can be born safely with fully mature lungs at 37 weeks, but I'd much rather wait for my induction on February 2, so I can get everything ready before hand. I've been telling her no surprises for the past several weeks. We'll see if she listens. My books say that Cara weighs 5 1/4 pounds and is 18 inches now. My dad says my stomach looks like a giant boob with my belly button popped out. Thanks Daddy!


We can't wait to start 2009 because we have all kinds of wonderful things to look forward to.

No comments: