Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wrightsville Beach, NC Day 1 - 9/22/10

Chris and I have been going to the beach every September since Nicholas was 5 weeks old.  This year is going to be our last fall beach trip though since Nick is in school.  It's also getting harder for me to take off from school.  I didn't realize how badly I needed to get away until I felt the tension leave my body as we began driving to Wilmington.  After a quick stop at Baskin Robbins in Mooresville for a chocolate chip milkshake (my favorite!), we were on our way.  We arrived around 10:30 Tuesday night and Nick immediately did this.

He fell asleep on the carpet in the family room within 30 seconds of walking in.  Poor guy!  Harris and Cara though were ready to explore the condo.

At least Cara practices good hygiene.
The next day as soon as we finished breakfast, the kids wanted to go out on the beach.  I forgot how much STUFF is required when you take three children to the beach. The kids LOVED the ocean and the sand which was very different from last year.  Harris screamed everytime he touched the sand last year and Cara was only 7 months old and just wanted to sleep.  This year though, the kids jumped the waves and played in the sand.
Cara looked so cute in her little cover up.

Nick ran to the ocean the second we hit the beach.
Look at all my loves.
Harris is in the water... and there is no screaming!
Nick tried his hand at boogie boarding.
Time for some sand
The view from our condo is beautiful.
Harris being a ham at dinner.
Daddy and daughter (so sweet).
Tomorrow we're going to Ft. Fisher Aquarium.  Can't wait!

No comments: